A guide to complying with the Nutrition, Health and Related Claims Standard of the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code (the Code).
This guide was developed by the Implementation Subcommittee for Food Regulation (ISFR) to provide advice on how to comply with the Nutrition, Health and Related Claims Standard (Standard 1.2.7) in the Code.
The guide includes templates and checklists to help businesses demonstrate due diligence in complying with the requirements of the Standard. The document has been revised and updated in 2017.
It is suggested that Standard 1.2.8 of the Code is consulted to ensure all associated requirements to the Nutrition Information Panel are met in relation to nutrition content claims and health claims.
This publication is available below as a print-friendly downloadable document.
Getting your Claims Right (PDF 2709 KB)
Below are additional resources to assist food businesses to comply:
- Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) consumer information
- FSANZ industry information
- FSANZ Nutrition Panel Calculator
- FSANZ Nutrient Profiling Scoring Criterion Calculator
- New Zealand Ministry for Primary Industries (NZ MPI) industry information